West London CCG backs Lebanese Festival Day
West London Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) is supporting this year’s Lebanese Festival, which takes place on Sunday.
Lebanese Festival Day is a popular event held every year. West London CCG has decided to support the festival as an opportunity to engage with local people about their NHS services.
The festival is on Sunday 14 June, at Paddington Green, London W2. It starts at 11am and continues all day, with live entertainment from 2pm.
There will be NHS staff members present on a stand at the festival to listen to your feedback on your local health services, and to give you free information about what is available and how to access it.
There will be booklets to help you care for children under one, information on how to get involved in the nearest Patient Participation Group (PPG), and details of GP weekend opening times.
You will also be able to find out about how to access Take Time to Talk, the mental health service we launched this year. Take Time to Talk provides talking therapies in a friendly, safe environment – including counselling sessions in Farsi, Arabic, and, subject to availability, other languages (available on request).
And if that’s not enough, we will be handing out lots of free goodies, including plenty of fun activities for children and young people, from free helium balloons to face-painting.
Louise Proctor, managing director of West London CCG, said: “We were approached by local councillors about playing a part in Paddington festival this year, and we immediately recognised that it would be a great opportunity to connect with resident, especially those people we don’t always get to hear from as much as we would like – for example, residents who speak English as a second language.
“Face-to-face chats are the best way to make sure local people know all about the services available to them, like GP weekend opening hours, urgent care centres, and the free 111 number that people can ring for health care advice.
“We hope to see you there!”
- For more information on the Lebanese Festival, including a map and street parking information, visit lebanesefestivalday.com.
- For more information about how to choose the right care for your health needs, visit www.rightcarenwlondon.nhs.uk.
- For more information about West London CCG visit www.westlondonccg.nhs.uk or contact Louise McCudden, Communications Officer, North West London Collaboration of Clinical Commissioning Groups, at email@example.com.
- The Lebanese Festival Day is also part of Paddington Festival. For more information about Paddington Festival visit http://paddingtonfestival.co.uk/ or check out what people are saying on the Twitter hashtag #PadFest.
- If you would like any pictures of West London CCG’s stand and activities at Paddington Festival, please contact Louise McCudden, Communications Officer, North West London Collaboration of Clinical Commissioning Groups, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CCG Press Office
T: 020 3350 4224