West London CCG publishes its equality objectives
We have published our equality objectives document that sets sets out the equality objectives of West London Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) 2013-16.
West London CCG is committed to embedding Equality and Inclusion in everything that we do, but more specifically, how we:
· Commission services on behalf of our residents
· Recruit and support the development of our staff
· Proactively engage and supported all our residents particularly given the diversity of our population and service users
Our work on embedding equality into the commissioning of health services is underpinned by engagement with our stakeholders. We believe that engagement with and drawing on the expertise of residents, patients, services providers and third sector organisations, is critical in shaping services that are of high quality, value for money and reflect the needs of our diverse populations.
The involvement and active participation of stakeholders helps us to meet our public equality duties by:
- - Identifying at an early stage in the design and development of services, whether the service is free of unlawful discrimination or impacts adversely on any group of service users.
- - Advancing equality by ensuring that services are accessible to all who need the service.
- - Fostering good relations by drawing people from different communities to work together collaboratively with commissioners - and the wider health and social care workforce - to identify solutions to local health challenges.
To read the full document please click here
CCG Press Office
T: 020 3350 4224