Dental, opticians and audiology
1. The advice is for residents to go back to their dentist (particularly for dentures) and emergency needs.
2. If residents do not have a local dentist. Call 111 and they will be referred to the community dental service at St Charles. Grenfell Tower patients will be offered free dental treatments.
1. The advice is for residents to go back to their optician where they had their sight test or glasses dispensed as they will have the clinical records and prescription.
2. NHSE are sending a communication out to all London practices informing them they can issue a GOS 4 voucher towards replacement glasses and this includes for people who would normally pay for their glasses. Opticians are required to indicate on the back of the form that they send to PSCE ‘Grenfell Tower Resident – London’
Normally prior approval would be required for issuing GOS 4 vouchers, however, for the sake of expediency we are not requesting this and will undertake some verification of claims in retrospect.
1. The advice is for residents to go back to the clinic where they received their hearing aids as they will have the clinical records and prescription.