Whole Systems Better Care Fund
You can view the overall local plan for the fund here.
As our work and engagement in this area has evolved, we have been able to identify a number of common challenges for those in greatest need, which if addressed, would genuinely transform their quality of life and wellbeing. These include:
- Mental health problems (diagnosed and undiagnosed)
- Unsuitable housing exacerbating conditions/capacity
- In need of reablement now or in the near future
- Mobility and transport issues
- Significant life impacting event e.g. bereavement
- Frequent and unplanned use of multiple services
- Socially isolated
- Multiple long term conditions
Using the Better Care Fund we are working on projects that will provide care and support to the people of Westminster, Kensington & Chelsea and Hammersmith & Fulham in their homes and in their communities, with services that:
- Coordinate around them and that are targeted to their specific needs
- Improve their health outcomes and improve and extend their lives
- Are right for them, provided to them at the right time and place
- Are a better experience
- Maximise their independence by providing more support at home and in the community
- Help them manage their own health and wellbeing
- Through proactive and joined up case management, avoid unnecessary admissions To hospitals and care homes, and enable people rapidly to regain their independence after episodes of ill-health.
OUR VISION: A transformed, sustainable and fully integrated health and social care system delivering improved health and well-being and raising the quality of life for the people who live in the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea, Westminster City Council and the London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham.
Whole Systems Better Care Fund Projects
There are four Whole Systems Better Care Fund project work streams, each with distinct but interrelated ambitions:
A) Integrated Services: To support the shift of care from intensive hospital settings to integrated services providing care closer to home
B)Service User Experience: To maximise independence and ensure that all care is centred around the needs of the individuals using health and social care services
C)Integrated Commissioning: Through integrated working, to improve the quality, value and efficiency of nursing and residential care placements, and jointly commissioned services
D) Programme Delivery. Deliver the key requirements of the Care Act through integrated IT solutions and reviewed information governance.
Better Care Fund Work Streams
INTEGRATED OPERATIONAL SERVICES
SERVICE USER EXPERIENCE