New healthy lifestyle sessions for RBKC residents
Mytime Active has announced details of its MEND healthy lifestyle sessions available to children and families in Kensington and Chelsea.
MEND - Mind, Exercise, Nutrition…Do it!
A series of free specialist sessions to help families stay active and healthy in Kensington and Chelsea. The courses are run by provider MyTime Active to promote healthy, active lifestyles and good nutrition in the borough.
MEND Mini – A 6 week course run by a registered nutritionist and physical activity specialist. Offers practical chopping and tasting activities and games and exercises aimed at enhancing physical and social development for 2 – 4 years.
- Mondays, 9 Jan to 13 Feb 2017, 10 to 11am at St Cuthbert’s Church, 50 Philbeach Gardens, SW5 9EB
- Tuesdays, 10 Jan to 14 Feb 2017, 9 to 10am at Chelsea Open Air Nursery and Children’s Centre, 51 Glebe Place, SW3 5JE (open only to children who attend nursery)
- Wednesdays, 11 Jan to 15 Feb 2017, 9 to 10am at Servite RC Primary School Nursery, 252 Fulham Road, SW10 9NA (open only to children who attend nursery)
- Fridays, 13 Jan to 17 Feb 2017, 9 to 10am at Colville Primary School, Lonsdale Road, W11 2DF (open only to children who attend nursery)
MEND Mums - A 6 week interactive post-natal weight management programme offering energy boosting workouts and helpful tips on nutrition for you and your baby (0-2 years). Delivered by a physical activity specialist and dietitian.
- Tuesdays, 10 Jan to 14 Feb 2017, 9.30am –11am at Cheyne Children’s Centre, 10 Thorndike Close, London SW10 0ST
- Fridays, 13 Jan to 17 Feb 2017, 10.30am – 12pm at Holmfield House Children’s Centre, 4-6 Golborne Road, W10 5PE
- Fridays, 13 Jan to 17 Feb 2017, 12.30 to 2pm at Violet Melchett Children’s Centre, 30 Flood Street, SW3 5RR
- Thursdays, 23 Feb to 30 Mar 2017, 10 – 11.30am at Dalgarno Trust, Dalgarno Way, W10 5LE (led by female instructors)
MEND 7-13 - A 10 week course for children aged 7-13 years who are above a healthy weight. The programme is linked to nutrition, physical activity and behaviour change. Delivered by a registered nutritionist and physical activity specialist.
- Saturdays from 21 Jan to 8 Apr 2017, 2.30 to 4.30pm at Chelsea Leisure Centre, Chelsea Manor Street, SW3 5PL
1:1 clinics - Individual sessions for parents/carers with children aged up to four for whom a group programme is unsuitable or with additional needs.
- Wednesdays from 9 Jan 2017, 9am to 3pm at Clare Gardens Children's Centre, 349 Westbourne Park Road, W11 1EG
All courses are free and delivered by trained, specialist professionals.
For more information and to book a place on a course, please visit www.mytimeactive.co.uk/MEND, or call 020 8323 1725.
CCG Press Office
T: 020 3350 4366