NHS kit shortlisted for Patient Safety Award
The new NHS kit bag launched in December by the NHS North West London Critical Care Network has been shortlisted for a prestigious HSJ Patient Safety Award. The Patient Transfer Bag will be presented to a panel of judges in April, and the winners will be announced at a special ceremony on July 4.
The kit was designed with full input from doctors and nurses who work on the front lines in critical care and emergency departments. It has now been rolled out successfully across every North West London Hospital. It has also now been adopted by some trusts beyond. A full list of hospital trusts using the bag is below.
It has been calculated that the bag saves clinicians around eight hours a week – that’s one whole clinicians shift.
Help us celebrate by tweeting about @PSafetyAwards on the hashtag #PSafetyAwards. Read more about the awards here.
Watch a video about the Patient Transfer Bag here.
Read more about the Patient Transfer Bag here.
Full list of North West London hospitals and hospital trusts using the bag:
- Chelsea and Westminster Hospital & West Middlesex Hospital
- The Hillingdon Hospital
- Imperial College Healthcare (Charing Cross Hospital, Hammersmith Hospital, St Mary's Hospital)
- London North West Healthcare NHS TRUST (Central Middlesex Hospital, Ealing Hospital, Northwick Park Hospital)
- Royal Brompton & Harefield NHS Foundation Trust
- Royal Marsden NHS foundation trust
- Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital
- London Ambulance Service
The bag has also now been adopted by the following trusts and hospitals outside North West London:
- Royal Free Hospital NHSFT
- Lewisham And Greenwich NHS Trust
- Darent Valley Hospital
- Newcastle Upon Tyne NHS FT
- Barts Health NHS Trust
- St George's University Hospitals NHS FT
- Hospital of St John and St Elizabeth
- Luton and Dunstable Hospital NHS Trust
- Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS
- Ormskirk & District General Hospital
- Kettering General Hospital
- Airdale Hospital
CCG Press Office
T: 020 3350 4366