In 2019 we co-produced a shared vision and aim for our engagement work.
Vision: To bring together the expertise of local people and professionals to overcome health inequalities and achieve high quality health and well-being for all.
Aim: To ensure that patient and public engagement is driving the CCG’s decision-making process and the patient voice is at the heart of everything we do.
How can you get involved?
- Patients are represented throughout our governance structure, including our Governing Body and Patient and Public Engagement Committee.
- We hold a number of workshops and focus groups throughout the year where residents and local stakeholders can feed in to local health services.
- We have a Patient Reference Group, to represent the patient voice and act as a ‘sounding board’ for ideas and feedback.
- Our GP practices have patient participation groups – you can ask your GP Practice Manager for details.
- We work closely with local voluntary and community sector groups to ensure we’re hearing from all parts of our community; this includes a quarterly Health and Wellbeing Forum for the sector to feed in to local health initiatives.
- We include patient representatives on various recruitment panels throughout the CCG.
- We work closely with Healthwatch who are represented on the local Health and Wellbeing Board and our Patient and Public Engagement Committee.
- We carry out various engagement and consultation exercises throughout the year to ensure local people are involved in the CCG’s decision making processes.
If you’d like to get involved in the work we do, or have any questions please get in touch by emailing email@example.com.
Further information on our patient and public engagement activity can be found in publications.
We are dedicated to ensuring that public engagement is embedded within the overall work of the CCG to drive improvements in healthcare.